Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

2003 Honda Pilot: 3.5L..fuel pump fuse is good.

Customer Question
I have a 2003 Honda...
I have a 2003 Honda Pilot 3.5L that has no fuel pressure. I replaced the fuel pump and it still has no fuel pressure. The fuel pump fuse is good. The red wire on the fuel pump connector while plugged in the pump has momentary power when the key is turned on but is lost after a second. With the connector disconnected from the pump the red wire maintains voltage with the key on and while cranking. I replaced the fuel pump a second time but no change. I hot wired the fuel pump and the pump works but the engine will not start. I have injector pulse.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Honda
3/4/2012
Mechanic for Honda: 1smartcarguy, Honda Technician replied 6 years ago
1smartcarguy
1smartcarguy, Honda Technician

1smartcarguy :

Hi, thank you for using justanswer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will help assist you today.

1smartcarguy :

have you inspected the main fuel relay at all. it is located on the under side of the dash. up by the steering column. it is a large 1''x3'' relay. this could very well be the issue.

1smartcarguy :

Full Size Image

1smartcarguy :

there are also some other fuses on the circuit that you might want to check. here is a basic diagram of the system to look at.

1smartcarguy :

Full Size Image

1smartcarguy :

hope this helps, let me know if more help is needed

1smartcarguy :

accepts greatly appreciated

Customer:

The vehicle is at my shop. I will follow up on your suggestion tomorrow (Monday) and let you know. Thank you!

1smartcarguy
1smartcarguy, Honda Technician
also be sure to check that with key on you do not have green key light blinking on your dash meaning the immobilizer is kicking in, which if so you should try another known good key.