Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

1992 honda accord ex: the location of the fuel filter..wagon

Customer Question

Hello, I would like to know the location of the fuel filter and the removal and installation of it for my 1992 honda accord ex wagon.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 6 years ago.

It's in the engine compartment.

The fuel system is under pressure. Release pressure slowly and contain spillage.

Disconnect the banjo bolts and/or threaded fuel line fitting from the fuel filter. Use of a flare nut or line wrench is recommended for disconnecting and attaching this fitting.

graphic

If you have further questions feel free to reply. Please remember we use an honor system and you have to click on accept so i receive credit for assisting you. Your question does not close and i don't disappear, so you can still reply back right here for no extra charge after you accept my help:-)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do I release pressure?

Just crack the line loose a little and it will bleed down. Just wrap a rag around it to catch the gas.

If you have further questions feel free to reply. Please remember we use an honor system and you have to click on accept so i receive credit for assisting you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I think there is a fuel filter in the back of the car too but I am not sure. I read it somewhere. Is that true?

There is if it was carburated it would, but injected only shows the one.