snapontech
snapontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  2 Year Automotive Degree 2 years hands on technical training and 7 Years hands on learned from the best.
49697172

Front motor mount on 2005 odyssey..passenger side..nut..bolts

trying to replace front motor mount on 2005 odyssey. (just replaced the passenger side). The nut on the center bolt is off, and the four bolts that secure the mount to the crossmember are off. The vacuum line is off. I've jacked up the engine so that the load is off of the mount, but don't feel comfortable jacking the engine any higher. Not sure whether i'm damaging the lower left engine mount or something else down below. suggestions?

snapontech :

Welcome to Justanswer

Customer:

hello

snapontech :

In order to get this mount off you will have to remove the lower left engine mount as well doing this will allow you to put the mount back on and then get them both back into place There is not enough movement to remove the front one without a possibility of damaging the other mount

Customer:

Lower-left meaning the driver's side?

snapontech :

I have gotten the front mount off without removing the other one but it was not easy to do and it was my own vehicle but would not recommend it

snapontech :

Yes

Customer:

okay - I"ve already jacked up the engine enough to take the load off of the front mount. My thinking is that any damage is already done (assuming I don't jack it up any higher). It looks like I could take off the bracket that attaches to the engine block (three bolts). considering that the engine is already jacked up, is there any reason I shouldn't remove the mount that connects to the block?

snapontech :

No just have to get friendly with it.

snapontech :

Its a pain I know been there too many times!

Customer:

okay - figured as much. I'll give that a try and see where we get.

Customer:

want to venture a guess whether I may have done any damage to the lower mount or other places. I raised the engine enough so the mount has maybe a 1/4 inch clearance from the frame. Anything in particular I should suspect?

snapontech :

If the mount is damaged it will start leaking fluid if there is no leaking it should be fine Just look closely for seeping fluid from the mount. if this has been helpful please hit ACCEPT if you need follow up you can contact me through my questions at the top. Thanks Danny

Customer:

We're good. Many thanks.