Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

Honda Jazz How do I replace the RHS (driver) side mirror housing,

Customer Question
How do I replace the...
How do I replace the RHS (driver) side mirror housing, cover plate and indicator module on a 2009 Honda Jazz/Fit (new shape). The old one is smashed but all the electronics still work (electric movement and folding).
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Honda
4/14/2011
Mechanic for Honda: HondaPlatinum, A Technician replied 6 years ago
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Just the shell the mirror still works correct?

It's the colour coded shell plus the black housing that surrounds the shell and holds it in place. The black arm holding the mirror unit to the door is fine, as are the electrics.

So I guess I will need to remove the entire mirror from the door, somehow get the old cracked housing off the arm, replace it with the new housing, replace the colour coded shell and the indicator lense + bulb.

I have ordered the parts so can give you the part numbers if this helps?

Let me see what I can post for you.

Thank you!

If you have a diagram showing how to remove and refit this would also be very useful. I found one on Just Answer but it was for the older shape Jazz/Fit and the mounting + mirror housing is completely different (mine is an '09 model)

Ok might take a little while by will post asap.
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician