Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

Boot on my honda civic will not open either with or without the key.

Customer Question
the boot on my honda...
the boot on my honda civic will not open either with or without the key. the car can be locked from the boot key what can i do please
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Honda
3/7/2011
Mechanic for Honda: HondaPlatinum, A Technician replied 6 years ago
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Wha actually is not opening?
the boot lid will not open
Sounds like the rod came off the latch was this checked?

how do you find rod

Would need to diassemble the lock to check the rod.
how do you disASSEMBLE LOCK
how can i disassemble lock from the inside of car boot
There was an actual recall on this issue . Drivers door lock actuator fails . Door panel will need to be removed and latch to fix . This link will help .
ClickHere
Hoped this helped .Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
this did not answer the question at all, the doors are ok it is the hatch door to the rear which is not opening please give a precise reply
Can you acess the the trunk latch with the rear seats down.
you can see a little of the boot latch when the seats are down
can you give a reply please this was marked urgent and so far nothing positive has been achieved
Need to get in there and manually release it. Then remove the panels and check the latch mechanism.
where it is and what do i release
There's a plastic pull tab at the latch which will release and open the boot . Can you get to that?
there is no plastic pull tab
Let me try to post a picture of the release.
where is picture
where is the picture?
It will be posted here as soon as I'm able to upload it.
where is picture
I posted it yesterday let me try to post again. Sorry there seems to be an issue with the upload.
nothing received
Im sorry I'm having issues uploading any diagrams . I can opt out if you like and see if another expert can help you.
YES THIS IS BECOMING URGENT
when will i get a response this is very urgent and no answer for over a week
Mechanic for Honda: Mike, Honda Technician replied 6 years ago
Mike, Honda Technician
Hello ... My name is XXXXX XXXXX the previous expert has opted out ...so I will do all I can to help you here.. First - I can only apologise that this appears to have taken so long...

So that we together can progress - Can I just ask you ... on the plastic panel..the one covering the inner of the tailgate..hatch... can you see a small like blanking plug - and if you can , have you removed that ?

Rgds - MIKE...................................
i have looked there is no small plug but a small about six incheds oblong piece of plastic which I have now removed what next
WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO REPLY ???
Hello again...

Thank you for your reply. Im sorry I couldn't reply sooner as I was off at the weekend...

Ok.. if you look or feel inside the hole where you have removed the "plug".. there is a lever that you operate to manually open the boot...

This is the Emergency boot release for when you get a fault with the normal operation...

IF that doesn't open the boot- you will have to unbolt the mechanism from the boot itself - which will allow the boot to open - then you will have to determine what is wrong with the lock / mechanism and go from there. Quite often , they need a new mechanism but they are all different so you will need to inspect the mechanism once its open and determine your problem and then go from there...

I'm very pleased to have helped you - but do ask me if you need anything more..

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.

did not answer question
Mike, Honda Technician