Honda expert
Honda expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 yrs experience, ase certified, shop owner
22989858

2005 Honda Pilot Key Not Working

my wife's 2005 honda pilot's key fobs won't lock, unlock or sound panic mode. Both stopped
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda expert replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.The first thing you need to try is replacing the batteries into key fobs themselves they're getting pretty old and that would be the first thing I would try
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how do you do that
The key fobs can be pryed open using a small screwdriver and most drug stores have the correct batteries in stock
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I tried prying the fob apart only to find that there was a screw that must be removed first before prying the fob open. I bought new batteries and they do make the fob work. Had I just pried the fob it would have broken as it appeared to me.
They had a couple of different styles , most of them pry apart I'm glad the batteries worked ,If there's anything else I can do for you please let me know thank