HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

2005 honda crv vsa codes 61-1 volt failure & 83-1 ECM Relation

Customer Question

2005 honda crv vsa codes 61-1 volt failure & 83-1 ECM Relation failure. These are the two problem codes read when I had the CRV scanned because of a VSA problem. Also had a P2646 code but I read your diagnosis to another person so I changed the oil pressure switch. Still don't know what the other two codes mean. Help!
Category: Honda
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.

Steve :

have you tried clearing these codes to see if they come back yet?

JACUSTOMER-g3onv67f- :

I pulled the #10 fuse under the hood but that didnt change anything. The car shuts down if you drive over 50. Have to shut it off and start over.

Steve :

You may have a charging system problem. The first thing to do is check the charging system and ground for the VSA modulator.

JACUSTOMER-g3onv67f- :

I wanted to know what the codes meant. That never was answered. My wife is taking the car to a dealer today. Don't email back.

Steve :

DTC 61, 62: High/Low +B-V Voltage,and DTC 83: ECM/PCM Communication as listed on Honda's web site.

Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 6 years ago.
Even know you don't have this code the other expert is correct . Here's a bulletin for this.
ClickHere
This is most likely the issue.