thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

my 2005 odyssey fan control buttons..passenger side..driver side

my 2005 odyssey fan control buttons, mode button, and air conditioning buttons on the passenger side of the ac/ panel use to light up. now i have to tap on the surface to get them to light. the repair shop aruges that there is no light behind those buttons and claim it cant be fixed - why then does it light up sometime and not always and the driver side lights fine.
Category: Honda
Expert:  thebesthonda replied 7 years ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you with this.

Are you talking about the lights in this?

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no the lights inside car for vents, heating and a/c when driving at night or dark. they light up with panel lights. the driver side area up to passenger's side temperature control light up the far right set of buttons, fan control up and down, mode, and a/c button no longer light up unless you tap on the top of that dash.
I'm sorry, I'm confused as to which ones you are referring to. It's not the ones on the heater control panel?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes the ones on the heater control panel. all of the buttons light up except for the fan control and mode and a/c button on the far right. however they do light up when you hit the panel. something is loose or bulb needs replaced but the shop keeps arguing that there is no light behind those buttons. EX version page 188 of the manual

here is link to manual http://www.autoownermanuals.com/manuals.item.1660/Honda-Odyssey-Owners-Manual-2005.html

Ok, that was the image I sent you asking if that was the one. These have bulbs in them that can be replaced.

See the image below.

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
are there specs for the bulbs? What do specifically tell the mechanic to look for/do as proof ie where did your picture come from and how do we access that panel (take off the entire panel cover?)
This image is straight from Honda, so that should be all the proof you need. Yes, the entire panel needs to be removed. I would recommend purchasing the bulbs at Honda as they will know exactly what you need, avoiding mistakes.