Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

97 honda: hot weather..brand new crv and i..old one

Customer Question
i have a '97 Honda...
i have a '97 Honda CRV with 218K miles. in warm and hot weather, it will shut off as if the ignition were turned off. it always cranks back up, but the other day, i had to re-crank it six times, then it went five days without an incident. i've bought a brand new CRV and i wanted to sell this old one, but i don't want to have to spend five hundred dollars to fix the thing. i'd appreciate any suggestions.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Honda
6/29/2010
Mechanic for Honda: HondaPlatinum, A Technician replied 8 years ago
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Ok the problem is the electrical part of the ignition switch is shorted out and needs to be replaced.Here's the bulletin on it . Even if it was done this is what's failing . If it was never done it's covered lifetime
of the car at the dealer free of charge. Here's the bulletin.

ClickHere

Hoped this helped.

Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
having a little automotive experience (shade tree) i figured it was electrical and considered that it might be in the ignition switch but i never considered that there had been a re-call on the thing. it's going to dealership tomorrow with the form that you sent. thank you very much. if this straightens the thing out, it'll be the best thirteen dollars i've ever spent.
No problem .

Please don't forget to click accept . This is the only way we get compensated.

i have a little mechanical experience (shade tree) and i figured it was electrical and briefly considered the ignition switch, but, i wouldn't have know where to begin on how to test it or replace it. the fact that it's part of a factory re-call is amazing and it's going to the dealership tomorrow. this might be the best thirteen dollars i've ever spent. thank you very much for your help.
Glad to help.Please don't forget to click accept . This is the only way we get compensated. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
You need to click accept for me to get paid thanks.