Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

replacing right rear seat belt on 94 accord but not sure how…

replacing right rear seat belt...
replacing right rear seat belt on 94 accord but not sure how to get plastic piece covering the top part of the seat belt off. I have removed the rear seat already
6/28/2010
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
OK you are replacing the belt correct?
yes the right rear seat belt
Ok you want to remove the pillars to get to the belt correct .It's not a fun job let me post a diagram.
correct, I have the replacement belt, waiting for diagram
2 or 4 door?
4 door
You need to remove number 14 and the hanger is held in by a phillips screw then popw out.Then Number 14 is just held in by clips and pops off the you can get to the belt.Let me know if this helps.

it does not look like what I have going on, I think it might be beyond my area of expertise,
OK you need to remove the side panel correct where the belt comes out of correct?
yes, it seems like one piece of plastic where the top part of the seat belt comes out
Yes that just pops off with clips remove the door weather stripping then pull the panel back and it should come loose .Also seat belts are covered lifetime of the car unless a dog chewed through it at the dealer .
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
dog chewed through it, don't really see how it popps off, I'm afraid I will break it, might have to take it to someone who knows more than I do. Thanks for trying
Anytime .Just held in with clips.I can understand being cautious any shop will remove it for about 30 dollars .

Hoped this helped.

Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.