Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

2003 HONDA CIVIC: DRYER THE SWITCH INSIDE..COILS..I HOT WIRE..NUTS…

HELLO AGAIN I HAVE A...
HELLO AGAIN I HAVE A 2003 HONDA CIVIC CANNOT GET THE A/C TO WORK I HAVE NO JUICE TO THE COMPRESSOR OR THE SWITCH ON TOP OF THE DRYER THE SWITCH INSIDE THE CAR LIGHTS UP IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH THE COILS ON THE COMPRESSOR WHEN I HOT WIRE THE COMPRESSOR IT GOES ON GOING NUTS THANKS DON 026
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/28/2010
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
All fuses are good ?
YES FUSES AND RELAYS ARE GOOD RELAYS ARE NEW
Have you checked the heater panel?
ON THE DASH YOU MEAN ---- THE A/C BUTTON LIGHTS UP I DONT KNOW FOR SURE ITS WORKING BUT BLOWER AND ALL ELSE WORKS
OK was this car in an accident or any added electronics?
WAS HIT IN THE REAR LAST YEAR THE SWITCH ON THE DASH HOW DOES THIS PANEL COME OUT SO I CAN CK TO MAKE SURE THE SWITCH IS WORKING AND NOT JUST LIGHTING UP THANKS DOM
Ok let me post the procedure .
THANKS PLAT ILL BE WAITING
This should help the whole unit comes out.

clickhere

Hoped this helped.

Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
PLAT THER SHOWEING ME THE CONSOLE REMOVAL NOT THE HEATER CONTROL PANEL RADIO ETC IM TRYING TO GET TO THE BACK OF THE A/C SWITCH
Yes that entire piece has to come out it comes out as one piece then the heater panel is separate.
PLAT TOOK THE CONTROL PANEL OUT JUMPED THE SWITCH AND STILL NO COMPRESSOR IS IT POSSIBLE THE COMPRESSOR IS BAD EVEN THOUGH IT WORKS WHEN YOU HOT WIRE IT VEHICLE IS DRIVING ME NUTS THANKS DOM
Is the refrigerant level correct?Also does the condenser fan operate?Could be the multiplex or the ecm causing this .
NO THE COND ENSER FAN DOES NOT OPERATE UNLESS YOU JUMP IT I CANT GET THE FREON INTO THE SYSTEM UNLESS I JUMP THE COMPRESSOR AND EVEN WHEN ITS FULL WITH FREON IT STILL WONT KEEP RUNNING PLAT I REALLY DO APPRECIATE YOUR TIME AND WILL MAKE IT UP ILL BE ON LINE AGAIN TONIGHT ON MY HOME PC WHAT IS THE MULTIPLEX
Ok does the blower motor work.The multiplex unit is where all these ground through.

hello plat finally got home good to hear from you ---yes blower mtr works fine this multiplex unit whwre is it located --- when i ground the blue wire from the compressor to the battery ground the compressor comes on --- may be this unit is the problem let me know its location and ill ck it 1 st thing in the a.m. as soon as i hear from you ill hit the accept button as well as the bonus ---- ill then try to get back on line with you in the morning thanks for your patience and help real gentlemen dom026

It's built into the drivers fuse box . Best be is a salvage yard will save alot l
of money. Just make sure it's just for the same year and model.

Hoped this helped.

HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
let you in the am how i make out thanks again dom026
No problem if you need further help let me know.
HELLO PLAT THE FUSE BOX IS FINE CAN YOU TELL ME ANY THING AS TO WHERE I GET JUICE FROM ON THE RELAY FOR THE A/C I HAVE JUICE TO TWO TERMINALS IF I PUT JUICE TO ANOTHER TERMINAL THE COMORESSOR GOES ON HELP DOM
Ok you swapped out the drivers fuse box ?
YES WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE
Yes but does the condenser fan come on also ?You are sure the fuses are good?
PLAT FIRST OFF THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP ----- ILL TRY AND START OVER THE FANS DONT WORK MAND THE COMPRESSOR DONT WORK 3 WIRES THAT GO TO THE COMPRESSOR ARE BLUE & RED WIRE --- BLUE & WHITE WIRE -- AND A RED & 2 SILVER DOT WIRE NONE ARE CARRYING CURRENT THEN HEN YOU HAVE A BLUE WITH 2 SILVER DOTS AND THE SAME RED WITH 2 SILVER DOTS AS MENTIONED THAT GO TO THE SWITCH ATOP THE DRYER NONE OF THESE ARE CARRYING ANY JUICE I WAS TOLD THAT THE LEADS ON TOP OF THE COMPRESSOR GO BAD BUT WOULDNT YOU NEED CURRENT IN ONE OF THE THREE I JUST MENTIONED
Yes .If you jump the pressure switch on the drier does the entire system work.Also the condenser fan fuse is good correct if not it will affect this entire circuit.Pressures are good correct?
NO NO MATTER HOW YOU JUMP THE PRESSURE SWITCH IT DOESNT COME ON ---- HOWEVER IF I GROUND THE BLUE AND WHITE WIRE THE COMPRWERESSOR AND FAN COME ON --- SECOND IF I PUT JUICE FROM THE POSITIVE ON THE BATTERY TO THE RED AND SILVER DOT WIRE JUST THE COMPRESSOR COMES ON THANKS DOM
Ok so you are missing ground then if you ground the blue white wire.Is that wire broken at the compressor.Could be losing the ground from the ecm .