Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

98 civic ex po141 code

Customer Question
98 civic ex po141 code
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Honda
6/27/2010
Mechanic for Honda: Tim West, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Tim West
Tim West, ASE Certified Technician
Thanks for visiting Just Answer,
First, verify that the resistance of the rear O2 sensor is 10 - 40 ohms. The resistance will need to be correct for the circuit to operate correctly.Test for good battery voltage to the O2 sensor on the Black/Yellow (BK/YEL) wire. If necessary, voltage drop the circuit or use a headlight to verify that the circuit is OK. It should light a headlight bulb and have no voltage drop.
Check the Black/White (B/W) wire back to the Engine Control Module (ECM) and verify that it is OK. Check the connections at the ECM and ground the circuit through an ammeter. Most of the time the circuit should draw between 0.2 amps and 2.5 amps. If the amperage draw is OK, then check to see if the connection is good at the ECM, and look for the possibility that the ECM is faulty.
where would i find the connection to the ecm
The ECM is in the passenger side kick panel graphicgraphic
i know the sensor has been checked and voltage confirmed. Now which wire do i check at the ecu to confirm voltage there? Also i have read online a grounded wire causes this code to pop up as well. Any ideas?
a6 is the wire to check at the pcm

graphic

ECU Wiring Diagram - Part 1

ECU Wiring Diagram - Part 2

ECU Wiring Diagram - Part 3

ECU Wiring Diagram - Part 4

ECU Wiring Diagram - Part 5

ECU Wiring Diagram - Part 6

ECU Wiring Diagram - Part 7
i'm going to check that as soon as i get home.
Cool, let me know.
ok while i am there are there any other wires i should check?
Na, that is the only one that goes to the o2 sensor.
sorry for the wait the weather has been horrible where i live due to hurricane alex. As soon as it starts to clear up i can take a look and get back with you.
Good luck are you in brownsville?
no im north of brownsville, in galveston county just high wind gusts and lots of rain.
Oh, I know where that is I am in Austin.