Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

94 civic dx: rains..fuel pump..the check engine light goes out…

Customer Question
I have a 94 civic...
I have a 94 civic dx. When it rains or when its really humid it takes a long time for the fuel pump to kick in. Sometimes i wait for 10 mins and somtimes for 3 mins, before the Pump kicks in and the check engine light goes out. But once it kicks in it starts and runs fine. Do you think its getting moisture in the line somewhere or in the tank? Already changed the Main Relay,fuel pump, pressure regulater and fuel filter.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Honda
6/27/2010
Mechanic for Honda: Steve, Honda Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic
When was the last time the Civiv was tuned up?
About 6 months ago. Changed spark plug wires also.
So you are saying you can turn the key on and sometimes the check engine light stays on for 3-10 mins. before it will start?