Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

1997 honda civic ex: injectors..97 harness..throttle body..cylinders…

Customer Question
i have a 1997 honda...
i have a 1997 honda civic ex coupe with a engine swap which has a 96 b18 block and a 97 gsr dohc head and i have a 92 - 95 intake with a 92 - 95 fuel rail with obd2 injectors in it and ran off the 97 harness the throttle body is a for a 97 and i do not have all cylinders working i am confused and baffled and need major help please help first time honda man with the swap
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Honda
6/27/2010
Mechanic for Honda: thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician replied 8 years ago
thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you with this. Your intake is from what? What ecu are you using?
it is a pro serious intake formally for years 92 to 95 but should work and this info should help 318b1 block. p72 - 2 head dohc v tec i have a 37820bp72 a04.NNN-NN-NNNNecu but when using only 2 clinders work and when i put the factory sohc 97 ecu i get 3 cylinders to work??? i think i have a obd1 ecu for it but i need to know how to find out if it is . how to find ?? 37820 - p28 - a02 760 - 765883. ?? is there a web site to see what ecu is wht and i also have a skunk fuel rail for a 92 to 95 no power to the injector ?? 2 from the distrubator and it worked when i first put motor in the 3 from dis didnt work so it was misfiring at different times and different cylinders plus i have a new 97 distrub and wires and all and new throttle body for a 97 i got a engine code of p 1337 manufacturer controlled Ignition system or misfire. i put new harness from another 97 honda ex. should i use the motor in obd1 instead of obd2 the motor always ran in a 90 civic and a 95 civic first time in a 97 civic and obd2 but others say they did and work please ask as many questions as u can please contact me at [email protected] or text me at 716 (NNN) NNN-NNNNthank u will do anything to solve problem....

No, the 92-93 intake is different from the 94-01 gsr heads. If it fits your head, it has to be a 94-01 intake.

The ecu plug...does it have an obd1 adapter on it? If not, an obd1 ecu would not connect.

I'm sorry, justanswer will not permit outside contact.

Well my question is not answered yet i have gave u alot of info about the motor and yes the motor is all fitting togther and i have only 3 cylinders working on my car and only two on the 98 gsr computer I have all the right peices they have said but when the ecu of the 98 gsr it doesent fire all 4 cylinders wht could be the problem i have ask the expert in u i wonder if a swap like this needs to run on obd1 or by running the motor in the beginning might have messed the timing up or can i buy a jumper harness to change the obd 2 to 1 wht more inf can i send u i have gave u the block the ecu and the head wht more do u need i am trying to help u answer my questions wht else do u need