Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

charger..doesnt work..200+ volts on my switch 12v line to my radio…

plugged cellphone charger in 12v...
plugged cellphone charger in 12v outlet and now radio doesn't work. Now I get 200+ volts on my switch 12v line to my radio. Where is that short be?
6/27/2010
Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic
I can not see how you can have over 12volts in any circuit in your van.
have you checked for blown fuses yet?
checked fuse on radio circuit (rightside panel) and it looks good. Get 12v volts on the constant line on the stereo harness but meter reads that high number on the switched line when I turn the ignition fully on. The factory radio stopped working as soon as I connected the charger to the 12v outlet/cigarette adapter and I'm afraid to connect another radio to it until I get 12v on the switched line
Fuse 9 in the right side fuse box which is a 15 amp fuse is most likely blown.
this fuse is for the power outlet and radio.
Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic
you are correct it is blown thank you very very much
Glad to help. I would suggest buying a new phone charger.