Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Anti-theft..factory alarm wont arm i checked all doors and trunk..hood…

Customer Question
my anti-theft factory alarm wont...
my anti-theft factory alarm wont arm i checked all doors and trunk, they are closed,i cant find a hood switchthough? my panic button still works on my alarm,(via remote) the remote still locks and unlocks doors flashing my lights when it unlocks, but it wont arm the alarm or flash the lights when i push "lock" twice on my remote please help.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Honda
6/25/2010
Mechanic for Honda: HondaPlatinum, A Technician replied 8 years ago
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Ok outside the car with the doors locked with remote hold in the lock and unlock button until the red light flashes on the remote then it should arm let me know?If the doors dont lock with the remote its a remote or actuator issue let me know.
i locked the doors with the remote, then i held the lock and unlock buttons at the same time...the red light did not flash, nor armed the alarm...nothing happened.
i think the remote is fine because all other functions work on it
No the red light on the remote.Is the issue when you lock the doors you want the horn to honk or do the doors not lock?
my issue is that the horn does not honk, the lights dont flash as they once did in conjunction with the horn honking to arm the anti-theft security alarm system. nor does the security "red light flash on the driver's side window.
Ok if you sit in the car and manually lock the doors with the door lock 2 times key out of ignition does the red light on the drivers door panel then flash?
no
Ok then the issue is either a door lock actuator issue or a hood switch issue.Does the drivers door lock ever make excessive noise?
it makes a noise like its runing through a cycle
lets try the hood switch? wheres that
Ok its number 4 in the diagram.

004LOCK ASSY., HOOD74120-S84-A01 $111.01 001

Hoped this helped.

Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
yea that didnt help
The location is in the front of the car open the hood its in between the horns is the latch .What did not help about it.
i was talking about the door lock actuator
Ok you said lets try the hood switch where that that why I posted that.The door lock actuator is attached to tthe driver door latch would you like that diagram?
how is the door lock actuater related to the arming of the alarm
This controls the door locks which gives the signal to the keyless unit as does all the switches door switches ,trunk and hood.
ok, so how can we determine which is the problem?
Ok honestly 90 percent of the time the hood switch is the issue .You can jump out the connector at the hood switch with a wire and if it then arms its the switch ,if its the door lock actuator then usually the drivers door makes excessive noise when locking.If its a door switch the interior light will come on when all doors are closed.These are the next steps.

Hoped this helped.

yes, but im not sure exactly how to jump the hood switch? with what wire, where and how do i get to it?
The connector is in between the horns it a two pin connector just jump the female side you can use a paper clip if you dont feel comfortable doing it have your mechanic do it .
d you mean just stick a paper clip in the two holes and dont wory about re inserting the conector?
Yes correct this bypasses the switch.
and thats located just behind the liscense plate hanging down right?
Yes correct.
how do i get them appart?
Push the tab in and the connector pulls off.
i did that got em off 0put the paper clip0 in but still wont arm
You sure you have the right connector is a gray 2 pin connector you might have the black horn connector .
yea its gray and hangs down, ipushed the paper clip all th way in on both ends theres a yellow and grey wire and a brown and grey wire coming out of the back of the grey female clip
It's attached to the hood latch correct?
it looks like it going up and grounding with the body, i see a other wire attacched to the hood release by a tiel square that goes down behind it next to the radiator
Ok you have the horn connector it looks like . Look at the wire going to the hood latch like I posted in the diagram it's that connector.
that wire is like impossible to unatach my hands are to big to get back there, how can i jump it w out dis conecting it, can i cut the wires and just twist them together?
Yes you can try that . But make sure there enough room to reconnect them if that's not the issue.Disconnect the battery before cutting wires .