Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Which selenoid is p1773

Customer Question
which selenoid is p1773
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Honda
6/25/2010
Mechanic for Honda: Dan, Technician replied 8 years ago
Dan, Technician

As I'm sure you know this code is for the pressure control solenoid B which has a white and red wire going to it. so considering you already replaced the solenoid and transmission you know its nothing to do with the transmission and not the itnernal wiring harness inside the transmission. Which means it is either the connector or wiring on the car side or the powertrain control module. You will need to do resistance test between solenoid and pcm to see if wiring is good and fix/replace wire/connector as needed and if problem is still there replace pcm. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

graphic

where does the pcm goes???why does the car goes slowly on drive and goes fast when u put in on 2nd gear and i need to shift manually in order for the car to run normal
The wire colors on the solenoid are green and orange, my mistake. The wires go from the solenoid to terminals 18 and 25 of the B connector on the PCM.
ok...where the pcm goes..is it the same one as the engine?or the transmission has a different computer??
Its the same one as the engine, let me know if you have questions. Thanks.
Relist: Answer quality.
What else are you looking for? The problem is either the wiring/connector between solenoid and pcm or the pcm itself.....What else would you like? thanks.
which selenoid is it..how it looks??the transmissions has many selenoids..is there a way to test the selenoids????
It is the only solenoid with the orange and green wires going to it. If you replaced all of the solenoids and the transmission the solenoid shouldnt be the problem. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.