HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

2006 honda civic: heated and blowed the head gasket...block..warranty

Customer Question

I have a 2006 honda civic 2 door with a 1.8L engine. it had over heated and blowed the head gasket. I also noticed a small crack in the block but it is out of warranty and honda said to bad. any how I think I have the water leak and the head gasket problem fixed the car starts and runs fine untell I accelrate. it will idle fine and it will rev just fine but when you have it in gear and accelrate like you are going to get up to speed it will die. the lights on the dash will flash the green key light will come on the temp gauge will light will go out and I hear a noise that seems to be comming from under the fuse block that is under the hood. the noise sounds like a old elect. fuel pump or maybe soilinoid valve. I put a new battery in the key the remote locks work fine. you can let it set a few moments and it will restart but you still cant drive it. in the prosess of replacing the head gasket I left something on and run the battery dead. I jump started the car it started right up but 100 yards from the house on the test drive it died. had to pull it back to the house... and what is the possiablty of honda recalling these cracked blocks???
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 8 years ago.
Number one is the check engine light on? Also have you contacted Honda corperate?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no the check engine light is not on and I have not contacted honda. I was trying to avoid the shop bill. the only light on the dash is the light that looks like a wrench. I bleve it is telling me to change the oil????
Yes that's the service reminder.Ok does it run know?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes it runs and still no check engine light but it will die if I try to drive it or put it in gear, hold my foot on the break and give it gas. ( power break).
Has the timing been checked ? Has it run since the headgasket?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it runs now it idles very smooth and it reves to what ever rpm you want. it just acts like it you are shuting the key off. when you put under a load.
Who did the head gasket?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I did
Ok and the timing is fine and cam sensors?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

the timing and cam sensor appers to be fine. when it is cold it startsjust like it should sounds smooth and crisp and I can power break it and it acts as it should. it has enough power that you have to apply quit abit or break to keep it form taking off. when it warms up even a little it will die when you put it under any load. most times you can restart it and it will idle fine but you can not give any gas?? you said cam sensors meaning theire is more than one where are they and how would I check them???