Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Steel pan

Customer Question
steel pan
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Honda
6/23/2010
Mechanic for Honda: HondaPlatinum, A Technician replied 8 years ago
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Is the pan cracked or drain plug stripped? Are you sure it's the gasket leaking?
steel oil pan 2004 Honda Civic LX with auto transmission
Are you sure the gasket is leaking these are known for rear main seals leaking and confusing it's an oil pan gasket .
Not sure whether oil pan gasket or left bearing seal to left pulley is leaking. Will find out when I remove the oil pan. Oil seems to be dripping under the left pulley shaft area. The pan is not cracked nor is the drain plug stripped. Really want to know whether I can remove the aluminum cross braces covering the right side of the oil pan w/o providing temporary support so I can access the right hand oil pan bolts/nuts for oil pan removal..
Yes that aluminum bracket comes right off and it will not cause the motor to drop . Alot of times it's the rear main seal that's leaking not the pan. So maker sure first.

Hoped this helped .

Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.