Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

2003 accord: it is starving......will..cam shaft..position sensor…

Customer Question
2003 accord sounds like it...
2003 accord sounds like it is starving for fuel or is smothering....will start but will not pick up fuel....put new cam shaft position sensor both parts... need help a.s.a.p. car and us army soldier are on way to germany next week....car is going to be shipped on boat.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Honda
6/22/2010
Mechanic for Honda: thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician replied 8 years ago
thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you with this. What trouble codes are you getting? Did this happen all of the sudden or after a repair?
codes were for the cam shaft position sensor....car was dying before parts were put on. h2 sensor on the exhaust....car was running real rough before parts were put on... auto zone told us that this was the problem....bought new parts, put on, car will start put will not take fuel....rpms go to about 1-3 thousand....have to pat gas to keep running... could it be a stopped up cat. converter....we are really short on time and money....lol.
did you get the last message? please respond if you didn't.
What code numbers are you getting?
the code was for the oxygen sensor and the cam shaft positon sensor.....don't know the codes....
Is the check engine light still coming on? If so, rescan it.
still asking....what do you think?
What I think would simply be a guess without knowing the current codes. Have you checked the fuel pressure with a gauge?
no sir....we have no gauges....only tools. thanx for your time.
Have you unbolted the catalytic converter to see if it helps?