Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

2006 Honda: Replaced car battery..Hybrid..Civic..start.

Customer Question
Replaced car battery in my...
Replaced car battery in my 2006 Honda Hybrid Civic Now car will not start..
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/22/2010
Mechanic for Honda: Kyle N., Honda Master Tech replied 8 years ago
Kyle N.
Kyle N., Honda Master Tech

What's it doing exactly? Is it cranking over? Is the green key light flashing on the dash while cranking?

All lights go off when I turn the key

Was the car jump started backwards before the battery was replaced?

Possible, as it was in a tow yard with a dead battery.

Ok,

Take the fusebox cover off and check the main fuse. It's the one that is screwed in on both sides. Also checked the "IGN" fuse. Both of those can be blown if the battery is jumped backwards. The fuses I'm talking about are bigger and have a clear plastic window on the top you can look into to see if the fuse is blown. If the copper is broken in the middle it's bad. Try that first.

Both fuses look OK
Green key light is on and engine orange light is on -- when key is turned nothing happens

Ok,

Are the gauge needles fluttering?

Have you tried to jump start the car yet?