Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I am desperate to see if any other owners have had this issue…

Customer Question
Hi Saw that you helped...
Hi Saw that you helped another person with an immobilzer issue - here is ours. Got any advice?

I am desperate to see if any other owners have had this issue! Our 04 Element is at 105,000 miles. I was driving it last Thursday when out of no where the immobilizer activated and cut off fuel to the car and killed it! We had it towed into the dealer thinking it was just the key needing reprogramming - however, that didn't work. The ONLY feed back we did get was. Every time they turn the key to "on position" the fuze pops and the car is dead again. We were told it could be related to the dealer-installed after market alarm, so we told them to rip the dang thing out and try again. Now the shop foreman is working on it with STILL NO ANSWERS!

Has anyone else had an issue like this or similar? My Husband is a master tech for VW and is FURIOUS that they are all lost of fixing our car. He suggested the ignition coil or switch and they dismissed him. He even suggested pinning out the wires leading to the fuze and is getting ignored.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Honda
6/21/2010
Mechanic for Honda: thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician replied 8 years ago
thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you with this. Which fuse is blowing?
Sorry, but that is how fague the dealer is being with us. We were told, when the car is turned to the "on position the fuse blows" they repeated this several times. This is when they moved on to asking questions about the alarm and we told them to rip it out. Since then the only update we were given was - they gave it to the foreman to work on.....
Ok, yes, that doesn't leave other of us much to go on. Try to contact them and ask them which fuse is blowing, even the fuse number if possible and I or one of the other experts can look up the schematic and try to better assist you. I'm about to leave for the day, so if you can contact the dealer and repost here later, I can either look it up in the morning when I get to work or have another expert take over, which ever you would prefer, just let me know.
Hi - I am asking my Husband to call the dealer and ask. We are hoping to get the car back TODAY since they have had it since Thursday and I NEED a car for work tomorrow. Thanks for your help! I'll post as soon as I get an answer.
Sounds great. If I have already left for the day, I will get a message on my phone and will contact another expert to assist you.