Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Civic ex: blower motor..some honda forums and people..switches…

Customer Question
i have a 2007 2...
i have a 2007 2 door civic ex. the blower motor was running speratically and not running at all. have checked on some honda forums and people are wasting money on new blower motor and switches. have found that there are resistors that could be the problem
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Honda
6/20/2010
Mechanic for Honda: Steve, Honda Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic
yes there is an electronic blower transistor that could be your problem.
If you have an ohm meter I can put together some tests for the transistor for you.
I believe my dad and if not him a friend of mine has one that i can use.
First make sure the blower motor has 12 volts at the white wire. The motor is grounded through the transistor.
With the blower transistor disconnected there should be 1.5k ohms resistance between terminals 3 and 4(where the blue and green wires connect). If you do not get the proper resistance,replace the transistor.
If you have proper resistance the next step is tricky.
You need to remove the the yellow wire from the connector and then plug it back in.
Now apply 12 volts to the cavity where the yellow wire is supposed to be. If the blower doesn't run now,the transistor is bad.
If the blower runs,the transistor is not the problem.