Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Honda: get cold air then will-turn to hot air .I took it..compressor…

Customer Question
I have Honda crv 2004...
I have Honda crv 2004 ,when I turn my A/C i here kind of unusual noise ,i get cold air then will-turn to hot air .I took it to the mechanic ,he said the compressor still good
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Honda
6/19/2010
Mechanic for Honda: MASTER TECH, Honda Technician replied 8 years ago
MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH, Honda Technician
Hello welcome to the site
is this making like a whine or hissing noise near the glove box
no
Ok can you please explain more detail please
the noise come from the belt where th epollies are connected
the noise come from the belt area
I don't how to explaine the only thing i know is when i am driving the A/C is working then the noise comes up and here the hot air on and off

ok will the ac start to work after about 15 mins ?

does the noise come from the engine ?

i need some kind of reference so i know what we are dealing with

yes the engine start working and yes the noise come from the engine around where the belt s are

ok this is sounding like the a/c compressor is starting to fail.

if you look at the pulleys and looking straight down look at the pulley that is closest to the radiator and tell me if this is rusted looking or black ?