Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

2000 honda accord: air con..presure on the low side it was ok..kicking…

Customer Question
i would like to know...
i would like to know how to fix my 2000 honda accord air con. i had them check the presure on the low side it was ok . he said the pump was kicking in but just for a second.
before all this happend the heater and air con. inside fans did not work. i put (2) new
relay switchs in. the heater worked after putting them in the air con. will come on if i
turn the climet control knob a little. what is wrong.
thank you
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/16/2010
Mechanic for Honda: Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician replied 8 years ago
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician

Hello there!

Are you saying the blower motor does not work?

Or does it blow air but its just not cold?

Have you had your AC system checked?

it just blows hot air
If your air conditioning in not working, or working but not up to par, there can be a few different things that can cause this. There can be anything from restrictions in the system to your blend air door vents not working properly. First and foremost is look to see if your compressor is coming on. If all of your freon has leaked out, than the computer will not turn on the compressor. This is to prevent damage to the compressor and the components. This is very common! If the compressor is cycling on and off, than the system is just slightly low on freon. This will cause the AC to work, but poorly. Look for moisture around the outside of the AC fittings. This will indicate a leak. If no moisture is detected, you might just be able to get away with recharge.

Hello!

Did you have any further questions?