Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

93 honda accord: my shop.........was taken to a shadetree…

Customer Question
I have a 93 honda...
I have a 93 honda accord 2.2 in my shop.........was taken to a shadetree by the costumer..he sabitage it to run like crap....found pluged vac hoses he pluged by sticking a piece of wire in the line down far enough to put it back on and no one would see it..it has good compression good fuel pressure good spark egr is ok also....sputters and dies after start > any clue?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Honda
6/11/2010
Mechanic for Honda: HondaPlatinum, A Technician replied 8 years ago
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Hows timing and the cat?Any codes stored?

can't pull codes

someone remove check engine light

Under right side of dash is a 2 pin blue connector .Jump it out turn ignition on and count the blinks of the check engine light.It will be slow then fast blink example one slow 2 fast code 12 let me know if there are codes stored.
someone has remove the light from the dash
Ok pull back the passenger carpet there should be an led light on the ecm that will also blink the code.
okay brb
Ok
I see no light flashing or at all
Ok that could have been for the earlier model 1990 accord.Since there is no bulb the most common issues are either a faulty distributer including igniter and coil and base to clogged egr passages to timing being off to a clogged cat these need to be checked next.Also there are issues with the main relay located under drivers dash cutting power to the fuel pump.I would check the cat,egr passages and the ecm itself.There is also a ground on the thermostat housing make sure its secure and tight.Heres the egr port cleaning.To check the cat disconnect the exhaust before the cat and see if it stays running.

clickhere

These are the next steps.

Hoped this helped.

Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
timing is correct.egr is working properly and clean fuel pressure is 55 psi compression is 150 in all cyls.coneone was messing with the timing belt can it run with the cam 180 out?
Yes absolutely you need to check that also.

Hoped this helped.

is it an interferiance engine?
Yes it will bend valves.
if it is 180 out will it bend valves
It can but most of the time it will be ok.
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
okay thanks........if not I'll remove the cluster and replace the light
OK best of luck.