Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

1999 Honda: Ignition switch now the Lights on the Dash are out..fuses…

Customer Question
1999 Honda Odyssey - I...
1999 Honda Odyssey - I replaced the Ignition switch now the Lights on the Dash are out. Not all the time it all depends on when it fills like being on. I checked the fuses there are none of them out. What could it be.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Honda
6/11/2010
Mechanic for Honda: Steve, Honda Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic
which lights are out? the dash illumination lights or the indicator lights?
The Dash llumination Lights and the Radio lights go out when you turn on the Headlights.
There was a recall for the drivers side multiplex control unit for this problem, for USA market vans. it is located on the back of the fuse box.
If you post your VIN I can tell you if this recall has been done yet.
Do the tail lights work?
Yes Everything works exception for the lights to be able to see how fast you are going and the RPM, Clock and Radio. If you are searching the internet for the problem. It dosent fit the other question that I have found..
No sir I am not looking on the internet at other complaints. I am looking at Honda's technician web site which shows that there had been a recall for this exact problem.
No sir I am not looking on the internet at other complaints. I am looking at Honda
Ok What would they need to replace to fix this.
The multiplex control unit would need to be replaced to repair your dash lights.
Here is the Vin number 2HKRL1865XH512489 So I just have to call the Dealer and have them replace it for Free.
I do show that the recall was done so you will have to pay for the repair unfortunately.