Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

2002 Honda CR-v: flashing..book says to avoid sudden acceleration…

Customer Question
2002 Honda CR-v A green...
2002 Honda CR-v

A green flashing D happened while I was in any gear. Next day it didn't happen.
the book says to avoid sudden acceleration and bring it in.

any ideas>

tks LC
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Honda
6/9/2010
Mechanic for Honda: Steve, Honda Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic
without knowing the code that set making the light flash we can not tell for sure what the problem is.
I could give you a guess if you want.

Yes, please i would like to do something about it because i worry that i will ruin the transmission

I have seen many third gear pressure switches fail which is a minor repair. There are not many internal problems with CR-V transmissions.
The sensor may be intermittently going out which caused the light to flash.
If you are trying to avoid an expensive repair this may be your first step.