Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

My trunk actuator went out..checked fuses

Customer Question
My trunk actuator went out...
My trunk actuator went out. I checked fuses and nothing seems to work. Neither remote can open the trunk. I replaced the trucnk actuator and it still does not work? 2003 Honda S2000
Submitted: 12 years ago.Category: Honda
2/28/2010
Mechanic for Honda: Rob Tech, Honda Master Technician replied 12 years ago
Rob Tech
Rob Tech, Honda Master Technician
Hi, I can help you with this. Do your door locks operate with the remote?

The doors do operate with the remote.

Okay, just want to make sure of everything. Your trunk will not open with the switch in the car either? Will the door locks operate with the door lock switch in the car?

No It will not open from the inside button either.

Okay, thank you for your feedback. I've been looking at the electrical schematic. You need to replace your door lock control unit. It is located under the driver side of the dash near the fuse box. It has a gray/white connector. This unit controls the door locks and the trunk lock. Let me know if you need further assistance. If my information has been helpful please hit the accept icon, a deposit does not account as credit for an acceptable answer. Thank you.

Is the lock control unit a Dealer item only?

Yes, unless you bought it from a used auto parts store.
Okay. I hope that works!
Let me know if you need additional assistance. Thank you again.
Rob Tech
Rob Tech, Honda Master Technician