Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

auto door locks on my 2007 crv with no luck..my key in the ignition…

Customer Question
I have been trying to...
I have been trying to change the auto door locks on my 2007 crv with no luck. I have followed the directions yet everytime I put my key in the ignition and turn it, the doors all lock.

I was able to change the auto unlock to unlock all door when I put the car in park, so I know how to follow directions.

I would like the doors to lock automatically when I put the car in drive or reach 9 mi/hour. Doesn't matter to me. I just don't want them to lock when I start the car. Can you help me?
Submitted: 12 years ago.Category: Honda
2/26/2010
Mechanic for Honda: Rob Tech, Honda Master Technician replied 12 years ago
Rob Tech
Rob Tech, Honda Master Technician
Hi, I can help you with this. I just want to check one thing. When you did all of the programming was the door closed?
Yes, the door was closed, car in park, emergency brake on, key turned to II and lock held for about 5 secs before hearing clicks, key turned to I.
Okay, while I was waiting for your reply I got in a vehicle like yours and set the locks to activate at 9 mph (I work at a Honda dealership). It programmed as directed. It sounds like you have a problem with the door lock actuator. If your car is under 36,000 miles I would recommend taking it to a dealer and having it repaired under warranty. Let me know if I can assist you further. If my information has been helpful please remember to hit the accept icon, a deposit does not account as credit for an acceptable answer. Thank you.
Rob Tech
Rob Tech, Honda Master Technician
I bought it used. How much is a lock actuator? I looked on line and it seems this is a problem for other people too.