Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

how do I disable the car alarm on my 2000 honda accord

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Honda
10/3/2009
Mechanic for Honda: Andrew, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Andrew
Andrew, ASE Certified Technician
THE EASIEST WAY TO TO DISABLE THE ALRAM IS AT THE HOOD SWITCH. IF YOU DISCONNEC THE HOOD SWITCH AND JUMP THE CONNECTOR WITH A PIECE OF WIRE OR A PAPER CLIP THE ALARM WILL NEVER ARM....
that doesnt really answer my question...where is the hood switch..I want to disable my car alarm because when I press unlock and try to start it, it wont start because the alarm wont disable..i know its the alarm because my mechanic told me..its not the battery because I just put a brand new one in...
PUT YOUR KEY IN THE DOOR LOCK AND TURN IT TWICE TO THE UNLOCK SIDE TO DISARM THE ALARM AND TWICE TOWARDS LOCK TO ARM IT. THE HOOD SWITCH AS AT THE HOOD LATCH IT IS THE PLUGON THE HOOD LATCH THAT YOU NEED TO UNPLUG AND JUMP IT SO IT WILL KEEP THE ALARM FROM ARMING....
I just tried what you told me...it wont work...i dont know much about cars..so please tell me step bystep on how to disablethe alarm..i need my car to start..
IM waiting...is there a switch..please reply back..
does the car just crank and does the little green key light go out or blink...and what makes you think the alarm is not disarming, do the door locks work correctly or not?
Andrew
Andrew
Andrew, ASE Certified Technician