Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

1998 honda: CATALYTIC CONVERTER..CONNECTOR..PLUG FOR O2 SENSOR..RUBBER

Customer Question
HAVE 1998 HONDA CRV ---...
HAVE 1998 HONDA CRV --- TRYING TO REPLACE O2 SENSOR LOCATED AT THE OUTLET
END OF CATALYTIC CONVERTER, I CAN NOT FIND THE CONNECTOR PLUG FOR O2 SENSOR, THE PIGTAIL GOES INTO A RUBBER PLUG NEAR THE MANUAL TRANSMISSON CONTOL LINES ON BOTTOM SIDE OF CAR ---> WHERE IS THE END (CONNECTOR) OF O2 SENSOR LOCATED??
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Honda
10/1/2009
Mechanic for Honda: Ron Z., - Honda Tech - replied 8 years ago
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Honda Tech -

Remove the rubber grommet, and gently pull on the electrical connector until the connection is obtainable from the hole.

graphic

WHERE IS THE ACTUAL LOCATION OF O2 SENSOR 4-PIN PLASTIC CONNECTOR?---

ENGINE SIDE OF FIRE WALL? INSIDE OF CAR? ---- BEST TO WAY TO ROUTE NEW
O2 SENSOR CABLE (4-WIRES) PLUG?

Your question said "O2 SENSOR LOCATED AT THE OUTLET END OF CATALYTIC CONVERTER" Are you working on the sensor behind the Cat? Follow the electric cord up to the rubber grommet in the floorbaord. Remove the grommet and gently pull the cord, as show in the pic above.

O2 sensor is locationed at outlet of cat. converter toward rear of car.

1)Are you saying the 4-pin connector is hidden inside a sheet metal cavity,? 2) and is only accessible after you remove rubber plug and pulling O2 cable out of rubber plug hole?

Can 4-pin plastic connector be seen in engine compartment?

i ASKED (3) QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED and recevied previous standard reply.

Not acceptable! DO YOU KNOW THE CORRECT ANSWERS??

Mechanic for Honda: Steve, Honda Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic
The 4 pin connector is located inside the car on the other side of the rubber plug that the wires go through.
The plug is only accessible after removing the rubber plug. If you are replaceing the sensor with a Honda sensor the new one comes with the rubber plug.
Accessing the sensor this way is easier than trying to get from inside the car since it is under the floor.
Steve
Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic