thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

Honda Accord EX: I replace Power Window Regulator W/motor Driver Side

I have Honda Accord EX 1991 How can I replace Power Window Regulator W/motor Driver Side
Category: Honda
Expert:  thebesthonda replied 8 years ago.

Do you have a 2 door or a 4 door Accord? The front or the rear?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
4 door Accord
The front or the rear?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Front Driver Side Door Window

No problem, Here you go. Click here. This is a pretty good blown apart picture of the front drivers door. This should help you out. These are fairly simple to replace. The hardest part is getting the door panel off. Once you get the door panel off, you will see 2 10 mm bolts that connect the door glass to the regulator, remove these first and lift the glass straight out. Then there are several 10 mm bolts that connect the regulator to the door. You will need to remove them and the regulator will come right out. If you need anything else, or get stuck, let me know.

Chuck

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I took out the old regulator and put the new one but I have problem with the glass when I try to close Glass it come out from the window frame from right hand side (when you stand out side the car) how to align the glass so it work within the door glass frame and rubber seals.

I see that problem all the time. If the rubber around the glass looks wrinkled near where the mirror bolts on, you will need to replace the rubber to solve this problem. If it looks ok, here is the adjustment procedure for the glass. Click here.

I am about to go offline for the evening, but if you need me, I will be back at 8 am eastern tomorrow.

Chuck