HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

i cant get the security system indicator light to turn off,

Customer Question

i can't get the security system indicator light to turn off, Ive tried everything and it keeps flashing. The one on the dash comes on also when the door is locked. Help!
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 8 years ago.
What year and model is the car and is this a factory alarm
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
its a honda accord 2005 and factory installed
So the green key light in the dash cluster wont go out keeps blinking
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
its a red light on the lower side of the drivers side has a push type button on the other side that does nothing
Ok thisw is not a factory alarm this is an aftermarket alarm need to continue cycling the key from off to on while pusing in that button ,turn to on push button turn to off push button need to do this extremly fast untill the red light is solid and its in valet Possible the remote itself is bad if it does not let you disarm the alarm
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
your answer was useless! I tried turning it on and off and the light is still red. Push what button to on and off. Remote is fine.
This is not a factory alarm its aftermarket trying to get you to put it in valet ,the push button is how you put it in valet problem could be in the alarms brain
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I thought you could help me but your answers don't make any sense. Theres lots of buttons I could push but your not specific. On the remote? I just want the red indicator light to go off.
OK the red light flashing does it push in like a button or you can try disconnecting the battery turn the key to the on position then connect the battery sometimes this bypasses the alarm also
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
There is a button you can push on the oppposite side of the red light indicator but nothing happens when you push it. I'm a senior and I don't want to disconnect a battery. The red light on the dash comes on when you lock the door.
Ok when yo ulock the door the light comes on now when you unlock the door with the remote it should disable the alarm also make sure all the doors are closed including the hood and trunk for it to work properly
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have locked and unlucked the doors several times. All the doors are shut and so is the trunk. Nothing is turning off that indicator light.
So no alarm noise just the red light is flashing ,is there a green light blinking when you try to start the car in the dash cluster,also what does it do when you try to crank it over nothing,click,lights dim etc
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no green light and the car starts just fine. My grandaughter drove the car and when she got out I noticed the red indicator light flashing and it has been on since last night. I don't know what she did to cause this.
Ok try this close all the doors lock and unlock the doors with the key at the drivers side ,turn it to the right twice to unlock see if this deativates the alarm
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the alarm is not working. I think it is in the valet mode and I don't know how to get it out of this mode.

To try to disarm it, locate and use the
valet/overide switch.

To start, look under the dash area for a button or,
a toggle switch. When you locate it, turn on the
ignition key, press and hold in the button (little
spring loaded micro button, red or black possibly)
until the alarm chirps 1 time. This should over ride
the system, and only the keyless entry part,
if installed, would still be operating.
The LED (light emiting diode) light in the dash
should also go on solid.=VALET/OVERIDE

This stops the alarm except for the keyless
entry if installed. The next step is to
either remove the alarm or, try to identify,
and get new remotes for it.

But once in Valet mode, it will allow the car
to start and operate like there was no
alarm at all. Repeat steps to put into user
mode

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

there isn't a toggle switch and the only push button is on the reserve side of the blinking light. Pushing it didn"t do anything. I think this is a lost cause.

Ok well we tried if i was actually there it would be easier AAA can come to the house and they know how to put the alarms in valet if you have AAA
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank you for trying and I may have to stop at the Honda dealership and let them take care of it. bye
Ok good luck