Jeff
Jeff, Hondaologist
Experience:  Platinum 3 Master Honda Tech/20 yrs exp ASE Master/Advanced Level Specialist
15797483

My 1995 Honda Accords odometer stopped working. The speedometer

My 1995 Honda Accord's odometer stopped working. The speedometer is still working. I had the muffler, resonator and pipes replaced. Could this have caused a problem?

Good evening

My name is XXXXX XXXXX your exhaust system work would not effect the odometer operation. The speedo and the odometer receive the signal from the same wire. The odometer motor is defective and the only repair is to replace the speedometer head. If this info is helpful please select ACCEPT. If you need more info just ask and Ill just answer. Remember me with your next honda question and FEEDBACK, it is important.

Thanks

Jeff

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks Jeff, About how much should this cost and is it worth having it fixed? Will it eventually affect the speedometer since they receive the signal form the same wire?

The cost ranges from a couple hundred new to less than a hundred for used plus labor. Most likely this will not effect speedometer operation and if you dont plan on selling the car it probably wont matter.

Jeff