02hondafreak
02hondafreak, Honda/Acura Technician
Experience:  3 1/2 years in Honda/Acura dealership-have done it all. 15+ years automotive work history.
10077428

how to change multi rib belt on a honda civic coupe 2008

Customer Question

Category: Honda
Expert:  02hondafreak replied 8 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer!

Here:

Removal & Installation
Serpentine Belts
NOTE Refer to the Accessory Belt Routing Illustrations located earlier in this section for routing diagrams.

1. Place a long-handled, boxed-end wrench or a belt tension release tool (A) on the drive belt auto-tensioner from above the engine. Slowly turn the wrench in the direction shown to release the tension, then remove the drive belt. WARNING This is a hydraulic type auto-tensioner; you must turn the wrench slowly.
  2. Install the new belt in the reverse order of removal.

graphic

Removing the serpentine belt/2006-2008 Civic with 1.8L engine and A/C shown.

graphic

graphic

Removing the serpentine belt/2006-2008 Civic with 2.0L engine shown.

It is very simple for most part. Not sure what model Civic you have, but you either have the 1.8 Liter or the 2.0 Liter engine, so I sent you both, very similar to one another. Any other questions, please let me know. Thank you.

Wes

If this has helped, please press ACCEPT.