HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I have a 2000 Honda Accord. The engine turns over, but wont

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Honda Accord. The engine turns over, but won't start. The plugs are dry. Fuel is getting up to the fuel module on the motor, but not to the injectors. Could it be low fuel pressure, or maybe a sensor?????
Category: Honda
Expert:  Tech413 replied 8 years ago.
Is the check engine light on?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
This car only has 29,000 miles on it (If this helps)
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes, the check engine light is on.
Expert:  Tech413 replied 8 years ago.
4 cyl or V6?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Sorry, 4 cyl..I think its a 2.3 (sound right)
Expert:  Tech413 replied 8 years ago.
Did the vehicle die while driving or would it not restart? Do you have access to a multimeter to do some volage checks?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
My wife took the car to get gas, filled the tank and drove home. The car sat for about 1 week. I went to start it and it wouldn't start. I thought maybe I flooded it somehow. It sat for a few more days, and when I went to use it, it still wouldn't start. The engine turns over, but it doesn't fire at all. It just turns. I pulled the plugs and they were bone dry. I undid the fuel module and fuel comes out of the line from the fuel pump while to motor is turning over. So fuel is getting to the engine, just not into the cylinders.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes, I can do some voltage checks. I missed that part on my last reply...sorry!!
Expert:  Tech413 replied 8 years ago.
I would like you to check the voltages at all the wires going to the PGM-FI main relay. Make all checks with the key on. Except for the grn/yel and blk/yel, take those readings immediately after turning the key on. CLICK HERE!! For relay location. CLICK HERE!! for relay schematic.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ALL of the checks are made with the key on????
Expert:  Tech413 replied 8 years ago.
Except for the grn/yel and the blk/yel those are made immediately after you turn the key on. I don't expect the values tonight. Just get them to me when you can.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok..I will get back to you later today..Thanks!!
Expert:  Tech413 replied 8 years ago.
No problem let me know.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
My neighbor is a certified diesel mechanic for Ford...(I know that doesn't make him a Honda expert)...he took a look at the car and replaced the main relay....still won't start....he said the injectors don't seem to be working....still no gas getting to the cylinders...he said he would bring home a volt meter tomorrow and check further. Will let you know.
Expert:  Tech413 replied 8 years ago.
No problem let me know.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am getting spark when I first try to start the engine, but only for a second, then no spark.
Expert:  Tech413 replied 8 years ago.
Do you still have the ability to make voltage checks?