Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

1999 Honda Honda Accord, radio/CD not working. I disconnected

Customer Question
battery recently to change the...
1999 Honda Honda Accord, radio/CD not working. I disconnected battery recently to change the battery. Codes began to show up. Each time I punch a station select button another code, i.e., "1 Code", "2 Code," "3 Code". Don't think I left anything off the battery connections, but can't figure out what needs to be reset. I tried pressing the 1 and 6 preset buttons to retrieve the codes but could not get them. I have a small printed code with my Accord manual. It gives me a number 1127. Is it relevant What should I do?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Honda
10/22/2008
Mechanic for Honda: 02hondafreak, Honda/Acura Technician replied 9 years ago
02hondafreak
02hondafreak, Honda/Acura Technician

Welcome to Just Answer!

The radio code will be 4 #'s ranging from 1-6, that's it. The radio code came on a white credit card looking card, Honda anti-theft radio... If you do not have it, you can look in the glove box area for a sticker with some #'s on it. If it is not there you will have to remove stereo & get serial # XXXXX it. Take that to your Honda dealer & they will get it for you or try: https://radio-navicode.honda.com/

&

http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs/Honda/PDF/466053.pdf

That is if you need to remove the radio.

Before you retry radio code, I would recommend disconnecting battery for approximately 10-15 minutes, this will reset everything. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me again. Thank you.

Wes

Hi ,

Thank you for the answer but that was I was trying to avoid removing the radio. I tried to look in the glove box but could not find it. I wanted to go to the showroom and spend 100$
if I cannot find it in the glove box and if if there is no other way. I did not get any information more than I already knew. Now I am in a dilemma .. Do you still expect me to pay?

Thanks,
LP

LP,

Here is some information:

Serial Number Retrieval Help There are several places to find your audio unit's serial number: The Unlock Code and the device unit's serial number are listed on the anti-theft ID card that comes with the vehicle. The card is usually placed in the glove box at the time of delivery. Use the Unlock Code listed on this card. For certain models, the dealer may have placed a label with the device serial number on the glove box. For year 2001 and later models, you may obtain the serial number from the device display. This procedure is detailed in the device's manual. Retrieve Serial Number from Display For models earlier than 2001, the serial number is XXXXX on the back of the device. This will require a trip to the dealer to obtain the number.

&

Retrieve Serial Number from Device Display 2003 - 2007 Accord with Navigation System All Other Models
  1. Turn the ignition switch to ON.
  2. Turn ON the device and confirm that the display reads COdE. If you don't see this message, pull the backup fuse for 1 minute, and then go back to step 1.
  3. Turn OFF the device.
  4. Press and hold the 1 and 6 radio preset buttons, and turn ON the device.
  5. The display toggles between two screens: U with the first 4 digits of the serial number (U2200 for example,)
  6. And L with the last 4 digits of the serial number (L0055 for example.)
  7. Ignore the U and L and record all 8 digits

&

Check these out first, you can try to disconnect the battery for 10-15 minutes, & try the buttons 1 & 6. Unfortunately, you have a pre 2001 car, things are different versus later model cars. I can not guarantee it will work.

If you do have to remove the radio, the last link shows you how to remove. If you do it, you will not need to pay dealer, it is pretty easy. You will need to then contact the dealer or American Honda & give them the serial #, they will get you the radio code for free. If you want to pay the dealer it is up to you. If you want to take some of your time for the labor & get what you are looking for, for free. That is your call. This is American Honda information for you:

https://radio-navicode.honda.com/

Scroll around. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me again. Thank you.

Wes

Hi Sir,

Thanks you for replying.I am aware of all that information before I posted the question and I was trying to avoid removing the radio and getting the code and go to the showorom with that code and spending the money for that. So I am sorry I cannot accept the answer.

Thanks,

LP

LP,

It is not very difficult to remove the radio by yourself. I did send you a link for the removal of the radio earlier. It will cost you nothing except your time & to get the radio code is a free service, you will not be charged for it. If someone has told you that , you were given incorrect information. I wish there was an easier way, but there is not. Any other questions, please let me know. Thank you.

Wes

02hondafreak
02hondafreak
02hondafreak, Honda/Acura Technician