ike
ike, Honda Certified Gold level Techni
Experience:  9 years experience with Honda/ Acura. 6 years at dealer
10567339

2001 Honda CR-V. I have a check engine light on. The code read

2001 Honda CR-V. I have a check engine light on. The code read by auto zone today was a P1362 TDC Sensor. I was told a couple weeks before that there was a distributor code from a repair shop. The shop cleared the codes and said to call if the light came on again. The light came back on. Now the car starts hard every 5th or 6th time 15 seconds to start instead of 3 or 4 seconds so I called the repair shop again they said it could be the main fuel relay. Any ideas the guy at auto zone didn't know what a tdc was I assume it is the crank sensor. Thanks

HiCustomer welcome to justanswer. My name is IKE.

The TDC sensor is inside the distributor, and determines the ignition timing at start-up and when crank angle is abnormal. Without doing the actual testing of the sensor, it is impossible to say for sure, but this code usually indicates a bad distributor.

That explains the extended cranking at times. It hasn't completely failed yet, but it is on the way out. If you can afford it, I would recommend getting a Honda distributor and not aftermarket.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks Ike! I agree 100%. I have priced some distributors and the prices vary quite a bit, Can I get a Honda distributor anywhere besides the dealership that you can suggest? I am in Colorado. Thanks

The only places I might suggest are E-bay or a salvage yard. Salvage yard will at least allow you to exchange the part if it is bad.

Ebay is okay if you can find a seller with a good feedback score, and make sure you let them know you want a genuine Honda part.