Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Honda tech. ASE certified technician
10437779

2000 HONDA ACCORD lx: 4dr..MY srs LIGHT CAME ON AFTER..FENDER

I HAVE A 2000 HONDA ACCORD LX 4DR AND MY SRS LIGHT CAME ON AFTER A LITTLE FENDER HIT EVERYTHING IS COMPLETED BUT I NEED TO CLEAR THE SRS LIGHT COULD YOU HELP ME WITH THAT PLEASE HOW TO RECODE MY SRS

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Here is the procedure to reset the light. Honda says to use the service tool and to not use a jumper wire. I have used a jumper wire and paper clip without any problems. You need to loacte the connector under the left side of the dash above the kick panel.

Erasing the DTC Memory

Special Tools Required
SCS Service Connector 07PAZ-0010100

To erase the DTC(s) from the SRS unit, use a Honda PGM Tester (see the Honda PGM Tester SRS Vehicle System Supplement) or the following procedure.

1. Make sure the ignition switch is OFF.
  2. Connect the SCS service connector (A) to the MES connector (2P)(B). Do not use a jumper wire.

3. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

4. The SRS indicator light will come on for about 6 seconds , and then go off. Remove the SCS service connector from the MES connector (2P) within 4 seconds after the light goes off.

5. The SRS indicator light will come on again. Reconnect the SCS service connector to the MES connector (2P) within 4 seconds after the light comes on.

6. When the SRS indicator light goes off, remove the SCS service connector from the MES connector (2P) within 4 seconds .

7. The SRS indicator light will blink two times indicating that the memory has been erased.

8. Turn the ignition switch OFF, and wait for 10 seconds .

9. Turn the ignition switch ON (II) again. The SRS is OK if the SRS indicator light comes on for 6 seconds , and then goes off.

graphic