Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Honda tech. ASE certified technician
10437779

My Drive transmission light is blinking, the ...

My Drive transmission light is blinking, the speedometer is not working, and the check engine light all came on in a 10 minute period. The car is a 1995 Odessey. What is probably wrong, and is it worth fixing? It has been a GREAT car, and this is the first problem, but it is really old.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Richard replied 9 years ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

You need to see what codes for the engine and trans were stored. This is very easy to do. Here's the procedure to do both. Once you have the codes you will know if your problem is worth fixing.

Hopefully this answers your question and you accept. Positive feedback is appreciated and please let me know if I can assist you with anything else.

• Connect the SCS Service Connector to Service Check Connector as shown. (The 2 P Service Check Connector is located under the dash on the passenger side of the car.) Turn the ignition switch "ON".
  • Note the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) : The MIL indicates a code by the length and number of blinks. The MIL can indicate multiple problems by blinking separate codes, one after another. Codes 1 through 9 are indicated by individual short blinks. Codes 10 through 43 are indicated by a series of long and short blinks. The number of long blinks equals the first digit, the number of short blinks equals the second digit. Sometimes the first blink is difficult to see; always count the blinks at least twice to verify the code.
  • graphic

graphic

When the Transmission Control Module (TCM) senses an abnormality in the input or output systems, the D4 Indicator Light in the Gauge Assembly will blink.

When the Service Check Connector (located behind the Center Console) is connected with a Special Tool, the D4 Indicator Light will blink the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) when the Ignition Switch is turned "ON".

When the D4 Indicator Light has been reported on, connect the Service Check Connector with the Special Tool. Then turn on the Ignition Switch and observe the D4 Indicator Light.Codes 1 through 9 are indicated by individual short blinks, codes 10 through 15 are indicated by a series of long and short blinks. One long blink equals 10 short blinks. Add the long and short blinks together to determine the code. After determining the code, refer to the Diagnosis by Symptoms .

Some Programed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) problems will also make the D4 Indicator Light come on. After repairing the PGM-FI system, disconnect the BACK UP fuse (7.5 A) in the Under-Hood Fuse/Relay Box for more than 10 seconds to reset the TCM memory, then recheck.

NOTE: Disconnecting the BACK UP fuse also cancels the Radio Anti-theft code, preset stations and the Clock setting. Get the customer's code number and make note of the radio presets before removing the fuse so you can reset them.

graphic

graphic