Tech444
Tech444, Ase certified Honda certified tech
Experience:  17 year Honda Master Tech troubleshooting specialist all includes electrical
1822075

RPM/Speedometer not working. RPM does not work at all and ...

RPM/Speedometer not working. RPM does not work at all and speedometer is irratic. How can I fix this?
Ok the problem is the speed sensor located on the top of the transmission this is where the gauge gets its signal from the speed sensor
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Can I fix this myself?
Yes very easy just make sure you get the electrical pat of the speed sensor .What year and model im guessing in the 90 93 accord range and ill post a picure of where it is and instalation instructions if need be let me know
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
I am a girl, can I fix this myself?
Well if you never worked on cars before I would have a friend that has some mechanicla exsperiance give it a shot but any shop shouldnt charge more than 100 dollars for the repair plus about 80 for the part
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
I have worked on cars before and I know more than the average girl, but am I going to have to drop the transmission or engine t get to this speed sensor?
No its located on top of the transmission,what year and model ill post the procedure.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
It is a 1991 Mustang LX 2.3

On the mustang its a little more envolved I reccomend having a shop do it.