Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

FOR LOGICPRO: i need help with this assignment that's due at…

Customer Question
FOR LOGICPRO:hello i need help...
FOR LOGICPRO:hello i need help with this assignment that's due at the end of the day:
Purpose
This project is intended to give you experience in using a parser generator (YACC), writing a syntax specification (grammar) for a language, performing parsing and semantic analysis (attribute grammar).
Summary
Your task is to write an interpreter for a simple program whose programming language, reCALC, contains basic language constructs such as variables, assignment statements, simple control flow, and output. The interpreter will be written using a compiler generator (YACC). The program should call the lexical analyzer (Lex) for the next token, parse the token stream, report grammatical errors, perform static and dynamic semantic checks.
You will need to construct a YACC specification file recalc.y which will be used in conjuction with the provided lexer.l to create your interpreter. The executable can be built (and tested with 0.test, for example) in the following way:
$ yacc -d recalc.y
$ flex -I lexer.l
$ gcc lex.yy.c y.tab.c -lfl
$ ./a.out < tests/0.test
The included proj2.tar contains the needed lexer.l file, a sample executable, and a directory of test files. Do not change the lexer.l file to suit your needs – it will be used as is to test your recalc.y file.
Syntax Specification
The syntax of the reCALC language is described by a set of syntax diagrams in syntax.pdf. A syntax diagram is a directed graph with one entry and one exit. Each path through the graph defines an allowable sequence of symbols. For example, the structure of a valid reCALC program is defined by the first syntax diagram. The occurrence of the name of another diagram such as declaration and compound statement indicate that any sequence of symbols defined by the other diagram may occur at that point. The following is an example valid reCALC program, called ex.recalc.program xyz is
begin
int val;
string farewell;
val = 10;
farewell = “Farewell”;
print “The number “ . val . “ is held in val.”;
print farewell . “!”;
endwhich yields the following result when run through the reCALC interpreter:$ ./a.out < ex.recalc
The number 10 is held in val.
Farewell!
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Homework
4/2/2018
Tutor: LogicPro, Engineer replied 3 months ago
LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer

Welcome

Thank you for asking me. Hope you are doing well.

My apologies, I am not familiar with reCALC and opting out for other Professionals to answer. Please wait. You will be notified by email as soon as any Professional joins you.

I greatly appreciate the request and would be happy to help you with your other questions though.

Thank you for your patience.