Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

For LogicPro Only: Create an array based lookup table for…

For LogicPro Only: Create an array...
For LogicPro Only:
Create an array based lookup table for the following 48 C++ reserved words:
asm class double friend new return switch union
auto const else goto operator short template unsigned
break continue enum if private signed this virtual
case default extern inline protected sizeof throw void
catch delete float int public static try volatile
char do for long register struct typedef while
Use the following hash function to place the words into an array with 50 locations.
hash (key) = length (key) + value of first character + value of last character.
The character values are listed in the following table:
A = 11 E = 0 I = 13 M = 15 Q = 0 U = 31 Y = 40
B = 15 F = 15 J = 0 N = 13 R = 14 V = 10 Z = 0
C = 1 G = 23 K = 0 O = 0 S = 6 W = 26
D = 0 H = 15 L = 15 P = 25 T = 6 X = 0
Example: hash(“break”) = 5 + 15 + 0 = 20
Use Linear Probing for Collision Resolution with a step size of 1.
HashCpp Class
Define a C++ class named HashCpp that will manage the 48 C++ reserved words using an array based hash table implementation.
• The array consists of 50 addresses (0..49).
• The HashCpp class automatically performs the following operations when instantiated:
1. Initialize the hash table to empty
2. Read the 48 C++ reserved words found in a text file named res_words.txt one at a time and store them in the hash table (res_words.txt contains one reserved word per line).
• Once the hash table has been instantiated it can then be used to:
1. Search for a reserved word
 increment the element count when found
2. Display the contents of the hash table
Main Program
Write a complete C++ main/driver program that uses the HashCpp class to count the number of times each C++ reserved word appears in a text file. Read the file name from the user. Perform the steps listed below, then loop back to read and process another file until the user chooses to quit.
• The user specified file contains: C++ reserved words, C++ identifiers, and numeric constants.
• Read one line at a time from the user specified file.
• Scan the input line, character by character, stopping at the end of each word (reserved word or identifier) skipping over the numeric constants.
o Each line read from the user specified file will contain zero or more entries: words and/or numbers.
o All words start with a letter and end with either a blank space or the end of the current line/string.
• Search the hash table for each word that is discovered in the user specified file.
o If a reserved word is found, then increment the counter for that reserved word.
• After the user specified file has been fully processed output the table contents as shown below:
Output Format Requirements: (view) // display all 50 table entries in order 0..49
Address Reserved Word Count
14 goto 0 // “goto” does not appear in the user specified file
29 do 2 // “do” appears twice in user specified file
3/28/2018
LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer

Welcome

Hope you are doing well.

Zip all files; upload the zipped file to http://wikisend.com or http://ge.tt and post download link here.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago

I'm trying to upload my zipped file to http://wikisend.com, but I'm getting errors and it won't upload.

This is what I have on the .h file

#ifndef HASHCPP_H
#define HASHCPP_H

const unsigned LINE_SIZE = 80;

class HashCpp
{
private:
enum TableLimit { TABLE_SIZE = 50 };
struct TableNode
{
char element[LINE_SIZE + 1];
unsigned count;
};
TableNode hashTable[ TABLE_SIZE ];

unsigned hashElement( const char[] ) const;
unsigned convertChar( const char ) const;
void create(); // initialize hash table to empty
void fill(); // insert reserved words from file

public:
HashCpp ();
~ HashCpp ();
void find( const char[] );
void view() const;
};
#endif

Can you try again after removing spaces from the name

Zip all files including assignment with formatted text and any .h or .cpp file

Customer reply replied 28 days ago

Here's the link

http://wikisend.com/download/630024/HashCpp.zip

Can you get to the file?

Yes. Thanks

deadline?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago

Monday April 2nd at 11:59 pm

Thanks

Will have it ready

Let me know once accepted

Thanks

LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer
Customer reply replied 28 days ago

I accepted the offer

Thanks

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
LogicPro
LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer