Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

1. Some scholars believe that people from Asia arrived in…

1. Some scholars believe that...
1. Some scholars believe that people from Asia arrived in the Americas about 15,000 years ago. According to this theory, what was the reason these people came?
A. The earliest settlers came in search of better farm land.
B. Widespread disease drove the people away from Asia to the Americas.
C. Hunters pursued their prey across a land bridge into the Americas.
D. The earliest settlers were escaping widespread war in Asia.2. Why did the colonists oppose the taxes imposed after the French and Indian War?
A. They claimed that since the colonies had no representation in Parliament, Parliament had no right to tax them.
B. The colonists were afraid to anger the Spanish empire by paying British taxes.
C. They claimed that all taxation is theft since individual citizens weren't given a choice in whether to pay.
D. The colonists simply didn't want to pay their fair share of taxes.3. How did the views of Native Americans and Europeans differ in terms of property ownership?
A. Native Americans considered most land to be common ground for all to use, while Europe's wealthiest owned most of the available land.
B. Native Americans believed that land ownership could be passed down only within the family; Europeans did not.
C. Native Americans believed land could be owned and sold by individuals; Europeans considered most land to be common ground for all to use.
D. Native Americans and Europeans had similar views on property ownership.4. What was the Virginia House of Burgesses?
A. The first representative body in colonial America, which allowed male landowners a say in colonial government
B. The most prosperous trading house in the new settlement of Jamestown
C. An inn that catered to sailors who would soon be returning to England
D. A governmental house set up by the king to directly rule the colony of Virginia5. Which European country originally settled the colony that would later become known as New York?
A. The Netherlands
B. France
C. Spain
D. Norway6. What was the name of the series of laws put in place to encourage the 13 English colonies to trade with England?
A. The Trade Acts
B. Habeas Corpus
C. The English Colony Laws
D. The Navigation Acts7. Why did the British impose new taxes on the colonies after the French and Indian War?
A. The colonies had not been paying taxes for years.
B. The British owed France for damage caused during the war and needed colonial help.
C. The British needed the money to fund further colonization efforts in South America.
D. The British felt that the colonies should pay for the protection they received during and after the war.8. How did a warming climate 12,000 to 10,000 years ago impact the Paleo-Indians living in the Americas at the time?
A. Paleo-Indians relied less on hunting big animals and more on fishing and gathering food.
B. Paleo-Indians lost land to rising sea levels.
C. Paleo-Indians went to war with each other on a large scale due to scarce water resources.
D. Paleo-Indians faced food shortages that resulted in a lower population.9. What role did geography play in the growth of three distinct cultural regions in the English colonies?
A. Large mountains separated the three regions leading to little contact between them.
B. The three regions were separated by large, fast-moving rivers leading to separate cultures.
C. The New England and Southern colonies were heavily influenced by their French and Spanish neighbors leading to cultural differences.
D. Geography and climate determined what kinds of crops could be grown, leading to differing structures for economies and settlements.
3/26/2018
F. Naz
F. Naz, Chartered Accountant

Hello

Please mention the deadline and are these from test or exam?

exam

What is the deadline

what do you mean ?

By when you need the answers?

now
whats taking so long i asked you two hours ago

Sorry, can not help in such a time so i am opting out, thanks.

Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work