Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

4) Nearly 2/3 of homesteaders were unsuccessful in making…

Customer Question
4) Nearly 2/3 of homesteaders...
4) Nearly 2/3 of homesteaders were unsuccessful in making their land prosper during the frontier period.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Homework
3/25/2018
Tutor: Lani S., Tutor replied 2 months ago
Lani S.
Lani S., Tutor

how we can help you in your question? Can you elaborate further. Seems like the full question details did not come through.

Thanks.

never mind

You don;t need help anymore?

8226; 5) If it hadn't been for the publication of the Federalist Papers the Constitution would not have been ratified. 
o  True or False
• 6) Despite the efforts of some large corporations to move towards monopoly, there was considerable competition in American business in the late 1800's. 
o  True or False
• 7) The huge village on the Little Big Horn River in June 1876 was assembled for the specific purpose of attacking the United States Army. 
o  True or False
• 8) The Constitution had such strong support that the special conventions called to discuss and vote on it in each state all ratified it with a unanimous vote. 
o  True or False
• 14) Karl Marx was: 
o  A) an immigrant who came to America in the late 1800's  B) a disciple of Thomas Jefferson 
o  C) the founder of communist philosophy  D) a proponent of Laissez Faire 
• 15) The Democratic Party was insistent about keeping gold only as the money standard. 
o  True or False
• 16) The Progressives adopted some of the ideas the Populist Party had introduced a decade earlier. 
o  True or False
• 17) Theodore Roosevelt is generally credited with being the first modern president of the 20th Century in the way he utilized and expanded presidential power. 
o  True or False
• 18) There are more conservatives in the Democratic Party than there are in the Republican Party. 
o  True or False
• 20) Which of the following was not a reason that led many prominent Americans to want to change or do away with the Articles of Confederation government: 
o  A) Shay's Rebellion  B) several states issuing their own currency 
o  C) several states issuing their own trade policies  D) several states in armed rebellion against the American government by 1787 
• 21) In the late 19th Century, the federal government derived most of its revenues from: 
o  A) income taxes  B) corporate taxes  C) fees at National Parks  D) tariffs 
• 24) The Republican Party, which began in 1854, could trace its roots back to the earlier Federalists. 
o  True or False
• 27) The New Jersey Plan was composed of a two House legislature, both Houses based on the population of a state. 
o  True or False
• 29) The type of legislature created by the delegates was bicameral or composed of two Houses based on: 
o  A) equal representation in both Houses 
o  B) equal representation in one house, on the population of each state in the other 
o  C) the amount of a state's population in both Houses  D) none of the foregoing 
• 31) A leading figure in the promotion of beef sales to eastern markets was; 
o  A) Teddy Roosevelt  B) Joseph McCoy  C) Wyatt Earp  D) Andrew Carnegie 
• 33) The last years of Teddy Roosevelt's life were filled with disappointments and health problems. 
o  True or False
• 35) By 1893, Americans living in Hawaii, some Hawaiians, and American military forces staged a revolution that overthrew Queen Lilioukalanai. 
o  True or False
• 36) The Teller Amendment did not make acquiring possession of Cuba a condition of the war. 
o  True or False
• 38) The Virginia Plan featured a one House legislature with strong powers retained at the state level. 
o  True or False
• 39) Which of the following was NOT a Populist Party program? 
o  A) direct election of U.S. senators  B) federally funded farm programs 
o  C) government ownership of farms  D) government ownership of railroads 
• 40) The advent of the railroad stimulated the American cattle industry. 
o  True or False
• 42) The lifestyle of Plans Indians was land intensive, while that of the settlers was land specific, which included ownership of tracts of land. 
o  True or False
• 44) The Plains Indians were left to their old nomadic ways until after the Civil War. 
o  True or False
• 45) Political machines, although performing many personal and social services for city residents often tended to be corrupt. 
o  True or False
• 46) The Pendelton Civil Service Act of 1884: 
o  A) encouraged candidates for federal office to seek even more campaign funds from federal workers 
o  B) completely eliminated the spoils system 
o  C) turned President Chester A. Arthur into a crook 
o  D) established a system where increasing numbers of federal workers could get government jobs only by merit (scoring well on a test) 
o  E) had been in place since Abraham Lincoln 
• 48) After an immigration service official, an immigrant living in a city was most likely to come in contact with: 
o  A) a cowboy 
o  B) a member of a political machine 
o  C) an Indian 
o  D) a military recruiter 
o  E) the president 
• 49) Which of the following was not a rail head town for cattle driven up north from the southwestern ranges? 
o  A) Dodge City 
o  B) San Francisco 
o  C) Ellsworth 
o  D) Abeline 
• 50) So they would not give southern states a disproportionate number of representatives in the House of Representatives each slave in the southern states was counted as 3/5 of a person. 
o  True
o  False

Ok, its a multiple choice questions.

I will opt out in this to open to other experts.

Best of luck!

Tutor: Josie-Mod,
 replied 2 months ago
Josie-Mod
I am Josie, a moderator for this topic.
Your question is open to all Homework Experts.
There is no need for you to re-post or re-list your questions.
Tutor: Judy Bailey,
 replied 2 months ago
Judy Bailey

Hello ... the moderator has contacted me to see if I can assist you with your questions. I'm happy to help if you are still interested in receiving answers.

Since they are true/false, multiple choice questions from a specific book or class, I do not guarantee 100% ... it has been my experience that different classes emphasize different aspects of history.

Let me know if you still wish to move forward, and what your deadline for these answers is.

Judy

Scott
Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate