Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Questions on python3 pandas Write a program that uses pandas…

Questions on python3 pandas Write a...
Questions on python3 pandas
Write a program that uses pandas to plot a regression line, that is, the line with the best fit through a
collection of points. First, ask the user to specify the data points by clicking on them in a graphics
window. To find the end of input, place a small rectangle labeled “Draw” in the lower left corner of
the window; the program will stop gathering points when the user clicks inside the rectangle.
Draw all points on the graphics window.
Collect the points in a dictionary; convert the dictionary to a DataFrame, and use pandas to perform
computation without using loops.
Use pandas “sum” function; do not use pandas function for average.
If the user enters no point or one point, program prints a message “You need at least two points for a
regression line” and terminates.
3/25/2018
Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer

I'm working on a solution - when is this due?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
It is today 9pm(MST).
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I have more information and what I started.

OK, great, please post everything you have... assuming you still want help(?)

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Ya, I need help. Do I have to attach it here? I mean if it's public.

It's not really all that visible here, or you can use wikisend.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
http://wikisend.com/download/573694/doc.zip

got it

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thanks for your help

wikisend is giving me trouble at the moment so I'm attaching the solution (in a zip folder) here. You can always ask customer service to make it private if it bothers you too much.

The code appears to work as required on my end. Please let me know if you need anything else!

Ingo

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
It is perfect but in the window the "draw" button should be in the lower left corner of the window( actually I can fix that) and the second thing is on the output Point 1:
x1 =
x2 =
Point 2:
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
is not present
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I am not allowed to use lambda. is there another way to change that, please.thanks
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
One last point the program should terminate after showing “You need at least two points for a
regression line” message.thanks

OK, I will try to address all of your concerns in short order. On the last one, though, I believe it does terminate after that message since there is nothing left to do but return from main (the entire "else" section is not executed) Have you run a test case and seen it do something other than exit after printing the message?

If you can't use the lambda construct, have you been shown the instructor's preferred way of performing vector operations? Perhaps some class notes or previous assignments?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thanks for the help. Yes, you are write the program prints the message, terminates and waits for a click to close.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Maybe on the attached exercise, 10.5 have similarity with this one.

OK, have a look a the updated version. The lambda really is just a shortcut to write functions you only need in place right at the place where you need them. Short of exact text output formatting, I hope I've addressed your issues...let me know. Happy to tweak as needed.

Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
This one is perfect, Ingo U.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
It is clear and understands all of it.But what are these two functions do?
def multxy(row):
return row[0] * row[1]def sqrx(row):
return row[0] * row[0]
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Thank you, ***** ***** appereciate your help.

Glad I could be of help, thanks for accepting my answer!
And, an extra THANKS for the bonus!

The multxy and sqrx functions are what we needed to write to use the "apply" function of the pandas DataFrame (without the lambda gizmo) .. simply put, the "apply" function applies the specified function to every row in the DataFrame.. so in our case, column 0 is X and column 1 is Y, so multiplying X*Y for a row looks like row[0] * row[1]. Calculating the square of column X (i.e. 0) becomes

return row[0] * row[0]

To ask me a future question directly, bookmark and use this link:

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-ingou/

When you post a new question, please also put "FOR INGO U ONLY" at the beginning of the question; it'll help catch my eye.
If someone else responds before I do, you can work with them, or ask them to notify me. Of course, I hope that I've earned your confidence and will get the opportunity to assist you again.

Regards,
Ingo

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
HI Ingo U,I have one question on K-means algorithm, and I started to some point but couldn't finish it.Before I post it on your wall, I went to know if you have the experiance on k-means algo or not?
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
No problem.
Thanks.
Ingo U
Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer