Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Jill are married and they have 50/50 shares of S Corporation…

Jack and Jill are married...
Jack and Jill are married and they have 50/50 shares of S Corporation Alfa. Jack does not work for Alfa, and at the end of the year he may receive a positive K1 from Alfa. Jill works at and manages Alfa, and she receives biweekly salarie and may have a positive K1 from Alfa at the end of the year as well.Jack has a special need child from privious relationship that he is supporting financially without court intervention. If child support case goes to court, Jack income will be a factor? Would Jack's K1 (at the end of the year) be counted toward jack's total income for child support calculation? If Jack surrounder his shares to Jill so Jill is 100% onwer of Alfa would that change the picture?Would Jill income, biweekly salaries or K1, be counted toward increased child support ? Is Jill current income considered equally as Jack income when Jack's child support is calculated?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Any lawyer available?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ack and Jill are married and they have 50/50 shares of S Corporation Alfa. Jack does not work for Alfa, and at the end of the year he may receive a positive K1 from Alfa. Jill works at and manages Alfa, and she receives biweekly salarie and may have a positive K1 from Alfa at the end of the year aswell.Jack has a special need child from privious relationship that he is supporting financially without court intervention. If child support case goes to court, Jack income will be a factor? Would Jack's K1 (at the end of the year) be counted toward jack's total income for child support calculation? If Jack surrounder his shares to Jill so Jill is 100% onwer of Alfa would that change the picture?Would Jill income, biweekly salaries or K1, be counted toward increased child support ? Is Jill current income considered equally as Jack income when Jack's child support is calculated?
3/19/2018
Susan Markel
Susan Markel, Teacher
Hi! My name is***** you for choosing JustAnswer. Please give me a moment to look over your question.
Any income that Jack receives will count towards his child support calculation including his positive K1 from Alfa. If Jack transfers his shares to Jill, he is no longer receiving that income and therefore it does not count towards his child support calculation. Jill’s income does not count towards Jack’s child support calculation. Just because Jill married Jack does not mean that Jack’s child is hers for child support purposes.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Susan Markel
Susan Markel, Teacher
Susan Markel
Susan Markel
Susan Markel, Teacher