Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

I'm working on a program for a homework assignment and I…

I'm working on a...

I'm working on a program for a homework assignment and I can't figure out why it's not working. I've tried finding help online but am not having any success.

Tutor's Assistant: Is there a specific language you're coding in?

Python

Tutor's Assistant: What's your objective for this Python project?

This is the assignment I'm currently working on: Design a program that lets the user enter the total rainfall for each of 12 months into an array(list). The program should calculate and display the total rainfall for the year, the average monthly rainfall. I have the program written but something isn't right

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is what I have so far.
3/17/2018
LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer

Hi

Welcome

just got your question

What is the deadline?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The deadline is Monday at 5pm. We are required to use 3 modules. So i'm struggling to figure out how to have 3 and combine them together.Module main(). Calls the functions enterRain and rainStats. The array returned from enterRain should be assigned to a variable monthlyRain. monthlyRain should be passed to rainStats.
Module enterRain(). Uses a loop to allow the user to enter rainfall for each of 12 months. Each rainfall should be assigned to an array monthlyRain. monthlyRain should be returned to main() after rainfall for each month has been entered.
Module rainStats(monthlyRain). Accepts the array monthRain. Calculates a total for the year and an average rainfall per month from monthlyRain. Displays the total rainfall for the year and the average rainfall for each month.
Thank you!

Thank you for the info. Looking at the efforts, I am sending incremental offer. let me know once you accept it and I'll provide the code ASAP

Are you there my friend?

I see you provided some code. please wait while I provide the answer

Here is working code:

http://www.wikisend.com/download/498630/Rainfall.py

Let me know if you need anything else or leave your rating by selecting five stars located on the top right of the question page. Giving a positive rating compensates the Expert for their time with you. Please remember that I will not be paid until you leave a positive rating for the answer.

Please consider adding bonus after rating

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/what-if-expert-does-really-fantastic-job-hl

You can also come back and add a bonus at a later date by using the "Write a review or give a bonus" button on your question page.

We can continue the conversation until you're satisfied and rate my answer as excellent to credit me. I can address follow up questions and I'm always here to help.

You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like other customers to get instant answers. It will ensure that question is for me.

Please bookmark my profile page:

http://www.justanswer.com/homework/expert-logicpro/

so you can come back and ask me a question anytime.

Thank you for using this site!

LogicPro

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When I tried to run the program to test it.. it says this:
Enter the rainfall for Month 1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\hinde\Downloads\Rainfall.py", line 39, in <module>
main()
File "C:\Users\hinde\Downloads\Rainfall.py", line 35, in main
monthlyRain = enterRain ()
File "C:\Users\hinde\Downloads\Rainfall.py", line 14, in enterRain
monthlyRain[index] = float(input())
ValueError: could not convert string to float:
>>>

Are you entering empty string. Please provide input for each prompt. See the sample output below:

Enter the rainfall for Month 1:1
Enter the rainfall for Month 2:2
Enter the rainfall for Month 3:3
Enter the rainfall for Month 4:4
Enter the rainfall for Month 5:5
Enter the rainfall for Month 6:6
Enter the rainfall for Month 7:7
Enter the rainfall for Month 8:8
Enter the rainfall for Month 9:9
Enter the rainfall for Month 10:10
Enter the rainfall for Month 11:11
Enter the rainfall for Month 12:12
Total rainfall for the year: 78.0
Average rainfall for each month: 6.5

If you still face issue, I can connect remotely and check the issue. let meknow

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well when I ran it, it asked for the rainfall for the month and I entered a number and hit enter and it gives me an error

Let me take a look

Download and run remote help client software to let me see your screen

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=351b9ffd-bcd9-4a61-b499-9d771d348311

Click on the link

On next page, click on "I Agree" button

Download and save on your computer desktop.

double click to execute or right click and click on Run

LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Actually I just figured out the issue on my end!! Thank you so much!!!!
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
LogicPro
LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer