Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

15. and are discussing types of parasites. says that the…

15. Jose and Walt are...
15. Jose and Walt are discussing types of parasites. Jose says that the parasite that lives on its host is an endoparasite. Walt says that the type of parasite that lives on its host is an ectoparasite. Who's correct?
A. Both are correct.
B. Only Walt is correct.
C. Neither is correct.
D. Only Jose is correct.16. A rancher was having problems with the liver fluke Fasciola hepatica in the cattle on the ranch. The rancher treated the cattle with an insecticide, plowed the pasture in the early spring and again in summer, fenced off the pond in the center of the pasture, and fenced the pasture to keep out deer. The next year there was no problem with Fasciola hepatica in the new calves. Which one of these actions was responsible for the rancher's success in controlling the problem?
A. Treating the cattle with an insecticide
B. Fencing the pasture
C. Plowing the pasture in the spring and summer
D. Fencing the pond17. Which of the following parasites is a single-cell animal?
A. Arachnids
B. Nematodes
C. Tapeworm
D. Protozoans18. A farmer has just moved his swine from an outdoor pig sty into a new barn with concrete floors in an effort to prevent parasite problems. However, the sow's first litter develops diarrhea, and the veterinarian diagnoses a threadworm infection. Why didn't the concrete floor prevent this infection in the piglets?
A. The parasite is passed by direct contact between pigs.
B. The eggs of the threadworm survive even when they're dry.
C. The infective stage of the threadworm is carried by flies.
D. Dormant larvae in the sow's body "woke up" and passed to the piglets through the milk.19. A local zookeeper set up a reptile exhibit containing a number of different snakes, lizards, and turtles. All the reptiles were captive-bred. The meat-eating snakes were fed captive-bred mice and wild-caught frogs. Several months later most of the snakes and some of the lizards had died of infections due to the snake amoeba Entamoeba invadens. What did the zookeeper do wrong that allowed the infections to take place?
A. The snakes were fed wild-caught frogs.
B. The zookeeper did nothing wrong; all snakes have the amoeba, but only rarely does it cause a problem.
C. The turtles shouldn't have been housed with the snakes.
D. The lizards shouldn't have been housed with the snakes.20. Which of the following parasites is a flat worm with the life cycle of egg, several larval states and adult?
A. Arachnids
B. Protozoans
C. Nematodes
D. Trematodes
3/15/2018
Cher
Cher, Teacher

Hi, I'm Cher. Welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply, shortly.

Hello, again.

Here are your answers--in bold and underlined:

A. Both are correct.
B. Only Walt is correct.
C. Neither is correct.
D. Only Jose is correct.

16. A rancher was having problems with the liver fluke Fasciola hepatica in the cattle on the ranch. The rancher treated the cattle with an insecticide, plowed the pasture in the early spring and again in summer, fenced off the pond in the center of the pasture, and fenced the pasture to keep out deer. The next year there was no problem with Fasciola hepatica in the new calves. Which one of these actions was responsible for the rancher's success in controlling the problem?

B. Fencing the pasture
D. Fencing the pond

17. Which of the following parasites is a single-cell animal?

A. Arachnids
B. Nematodes
C. Tapeworm
D. Protozoans

18. A farmer has just moved his swine from an outdoor pig sty into a new barn with concrete floors in an effort to prevent parasite problems. However, the sow's first litter develops diarrhea, and the veterinarian diagnoses a threadworm infection. Why didn't the concrete floor prevent this infection in the piglets?

D. Dormant larvae in the sow's body "woke up" and passed to the piglets through the milk.

19. A local zookeeper set up a reptile exhibit containing a number of different snakes, lizards, and turtles. All the reptiles were captive-bred. The meat-eating snakes were fed captive-bred mice and wild-caught frogs. Several months later most of the snakes and some of the lizards had died of infections due to the snake amoeba Entamoeba invadens. What did the zookeeper do wrong that allowed the infections to take place?

D. The lizards shouldn't have been housed with the snakes.

20. Which parasite is a flat worm with the life cycle of egg, several larval states and adult?

A. Arachnids
B. Protozoans
C. Nematodes
D. Trematodes

------------------

Please compare these answers to your text or study materials before submitting.

I hope you feel that I have given you Great Service. If so, a 5-star rating would be appreciated. Experts are not compensated for their assistance, until a positive rating is given.

If you need any further information about this question, please reply here, and I'll be happy to follow up with you at no additional charge, even after you have rated. Rating will not close your question.

Thank you very much!

Best wishes,

Cher

Cher
Cher, Teacher
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Cher
Cher
Cher, Teacher